Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Adjusting

I'm not a freak! That may seem obvious to some but whne you haven't lived a very "Molly Mormon" life in a very obvious way, you feel really self concsious about letting others get to know you. Rejection is a scary thing.

I have gotten to know my roommates pretty well and even made a few friends in my classes. In each class I have my "buddy" that I sit with every day, walk from class with, and even remember thier names. These buddies are those that I'm learning to relax and be myself around. This past month I have waited for the opportunity and talked with each other them about my adoption experiences. The most common reaction was, "Oh! Now I get it." Apparently this information is like some missing piece that explains some things and fills in some of the holes.

No one ran away shrieking or shunned me. All of these friends embraced the idea, some even embraced me(gotta love hugs!). Most had questions and we've talked about it on numerous occassions. I've learned to not be so intimidated by my past or sharing it with others. It feel good to talk about all that I've learned and worked beyond in recent years. And of course, how could I pass up on the opportunity to brag on Silas? Cutest kid ever!

No comments: