I delivered my speech last night to my Communications class. As expected, I cried. I am really proud of myself despite that because I didn't let it deter me from giving my speech. I was able to plug right along as if I wasn't crying. Points to me for professionalism! I felt the Spirit strongly as I spoke of my love and the sacrifice involved in adoption. I didn't feel nervous looking out at the audience. My voice stayd steady and I smiled through my tears. Some people were shocked by my story but most had eyes also glistening with tears. My professor even called a short break after I concluded so that she could pull herself back together. Hopefully making her cry isn't something that reflect poorly on my grade!
I was so scared and nervous as I prepared this speech. I wasn't sure how my message would be recieved. Now with it behind me I feel very blessed once again for the comfort of the Spirit and the strength gained throughout my previous experieces. I recieved a handful of compliments and was even given the chance to answer a few more specific questions during the break.
As always, I can't help by reiterate my previous thoughts: It is amazing how talking about the most heart-wrenching, life-altering time of my life can bring such joy and peace. I am grateful for opportunities such as this and hope I will continue to rise to the occassion.
No comments:
Post a Comment