Saturday, July 5, 2008

Crazy Kid

Oh. My. Goodness. Pictures do not even begin to show how cute this kid is! He is such a chubby, happy baby. Being able to see him in person was quite an experience, in all the best ways. My mother and I met the family at a park for lunch. We all had a nice picnic lunch, exchanged some gifts, and just talked as if no time had passed since our last visit. I like to give his siblings gifts whenever I give him something so I brought bubbles for them to play with. I remember loving bubbles when I was their age and they seemed to get a kick out of it too. It was so wonderful being able to talk with and see the family. i had been so nervous but that eventually gave way to excitement. it turned out that it wasn't awkward for me at all and it didn't seem like it was for them either. The only thing that was hard was realizing that, to Silas, I was a stranger. He didn't know me so he didn't like me holding him. It's understandable but I just wish I could have gotten a better picture with him. He loves the camera and totally hams it up whenever someone takes his picture but it was hard trying to get him to pose with me. Apparently, his way of smiling right now consists of throwing his mouth wide open and showing off his teeth. What a cutie! I look forward to visits in the future when he's more mobile and capable of play. He's not quite walking yet so just being held or sitting while others got to play was a bit frustrating for him. What a great baby and an awesome family!




1 comment:

Valerie Chandler said...

You are SOOOO brave. I'm amazed by you.