Through LDS Family Services, birth mothers have the option of choosing the adoptive family for their baby. You can view adoptive parent profiles online or visit the office nearest you for information about additional couples. After viewing profiles and gathering information with the help of your counselor, you select the couple who will best match what you want for your child. You may also choose to correspond with your adoptive couple and meet them in person before the birth and placement. The process of choosing a family was the most tedious part of the adoption for me. I would spend hours online looking at profile after profile of perspective parents. I tried narrowing down the endless list by setting a criteria of what I was looking for for my baby. I would get so frustrated at times, just wanting there to be an easier way to choose a family. Almost all of the couples would provide very well for a baby and were more than willing to love one. But I just couldn't seem to find the one. I turned to Heavenly Father often, asking for guidance to help this little baby go to the right home.
These are the things I was looking for in an adoptive family:
1. Strong members of the church w/a temple marriage
2. Siblings for baby so he wouldn't be an only child
3. Dad to be a return missionary
4. Physical characteristics that would match w/ baby's probable appearance
5. No biological children, only adopted
6. Parents in the 25-35 age range
7. Mom to be a stay-at-home mother
8. Both parents to be college graduates
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment