Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Great Article

Why Adoption? January 2008 Ensign

In placing their faith in the Lord as they make a truly selfless choice, many unwed birth mothers find that from the ashes of their deepest pain, He makes something beautiful— for her, the baby, and a loving family.

When Chuck and Rachael Sharp learned they would not be able to conceive a baby, Rachael thought her heart would break. She had yearned to be a mother, and she knew Chuck would be a wonderful father. For years the couple had dreamed of skiing and camping trips with their children, of noisy conversations around the dinner table, of music lessons and parties with cousins and picnics in the park. What would they do with all of those dreams?

That same year, in another city, Jessica Anderson (name has been changed) was struggling with heartbreak of her own. She had recently learned she was pregnant and the father didn’t want to be involved. Her mind reeled with questions: With so little education, how would she financially support her child? How could she fill the roles of both a mother and a father? What kind of future could she provide?

For the full article: Click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph
I love it! Haven't had the chance to read the hole thing, but I looked through it. I think my favorite parts were seeing your goals (made me want to work harder myself) and the folded tissues (made me laugh). I'd love to share this with other birth moms if you are okay with that.

You are truly amazing and an inspiration.

Valerie Chandler said...

Stephanie, I read very word. I'm inspired, as always by your faith and by your courage.

I love you.

And by the way, our friendship has been a tender mercy for me.