three days. During delivery he had come under stress. The umbilical cord had gotten pinched due to his unusual positioning. He was a healthy 8lbs. 2oz. and 21 inches long. He was giant compared to the other babies in NICU! With newborns you have to take extra precautions so in NICU he remained.While the doctors fretted over him and I worried about where he would be going after the hospital. I had had a plan but what now?
When Mark visited, he suggested reviewing couples I had looked at before as I was narrowing down my search. There had been one family that I had fallen in love with immediately but I passed over because of their close proximity. I was looking for someone
further away, possibly out of state. But as I looked over their profile again and prayed about it, it just felt right. It was a long, lonely first night in the hospital. I could hear fireworks from outside as I tried to sort out my feelings and search out if this was the family for Riley. I really felt that it was. This time there was no nagging doubt. This was his family. When Mark told them of the good news, they were thrilled and planned to visit the hospital the next day. It was so great meeting them all and watching as each of them looked at Riley with curiosity and love. This was their baby, thier son, their brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment