One thing I realized early on was that setting good goals and working towards them helped me with the healing process both physically and emotionally. I had come a long way in just a few short months but what did I really want to accomplish now? I had my whole life ahead of my with an endless sea of possibilities. I remembered well the long hard road behind me and I knew that I didn't want to return to such perilous times. I wanted something better for myself and I knew deep in my heart that my loving Heavenly Father did also. So I went about making a list of the things I wanted to accomplish over the next year.
1. Pay off major debts
2. Bear testimony publicly at least once
3. Attend institute weekly
4. Overcome shyness in public settings by:
Participating in class discussions
Asking questions
Volunteer for things the require public speaking
Approaching others first
5. Do service for others regularly
6. Read entire Book of Mormon before January 2008
7. Attend all my church meetings faithfully
8. Develop good habits of prayer and scripture study
9. Communicate better and more frequently with family
10. Make new friends who will be positive influences
11. Return to college (if possible, at a Church school)
12. Keep a journal to record this experience
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment